At the end of the year, many people think about what’s ahead and make resolutions. We’re certainly doing that at WebFWD. At the same time, we also think it’s fruitful to look back on the previous year and acknowledge some awesome milestones.
In 2012, we:
Of course, without our teams, we are nothing. And they’ve had a really good year themselves ;) We bragged about some amazing achievements from our first class in September, and here are few highlights from our current batch:
- Wercker, our Amsterdam team building a continuous deployment platform for developers, took top prize at the GigaOM Structure:Europe 2012 LaunchPad, a high-profile competition among Europe’s up-and-coming startups. They were chosen for their technology, which judges noted is a novel solution with significant impact on software developers. They also grabbed the People’s Choice award :)
- Sketchfab, leaders in building out WebGL, was picked as one of the top 8 (out of 800) at Vienna’s Pioneers Festival.
- codebender, our Patras, Greece-based team building an integrated development environment to program the physical world (think: Arduino), was featured in MozHacks blog — check it out.
- Speaking of MozHacks, our other teams Harp.io and Launcher.io were also featured ;)
- triv.io was the featured speaker at the popular Open Data Meetup held in San Francisco together with CommonCrawl. The geekiest of data geeks were impressed by what the team is doing with crawl data schemas.
- Linklib did its first soft launch at Mozilla’s MozFest held in London and received pretty cool feedback. And just this week founder Simon Klose announced that 6 national broadcasters (including the BBC) will distribute its flagship Pirate Bay documentary under the Creative Commons license. Stay tuned for some *really* neat stuff coming in the next quarter from these guys (especially if you like movies).
Phew - given it’s December 27, this may be a wrap for 2012. That leaves us 4 days before an awesome 2013. Whether as an Expert, Scout, Team, Partner or Mensch, we hope you join us for the ride!
- The WebFWD Team